Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | More And More Tasks Are Being Performed by Robots At Home And Work
The following is a band 9 IELTS essay sample on a topic that appeared in a recently held IELTS exam.
Nowadays more tasks at home and work are being performed by robots. Why do you think it is happening? Is it a negative or positive development?
Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Today, technological innovations like robots have become an integral part of our lives. We use them to perform a variety of tasks both at home and work. In my opinion, this is a positive development and there are several social and economic reasons behind this.
First, our lifestyle has changed dramatically over the years. We have become super busy. We have demanding careers and a happening social life. We want to achieve as much as we can both on the professional front and in the personal space. Obviously, this requires time. Since we all have only twenty-four hours in a day, the need for time saving gadgets increases. Robots meet this demand perfectly. They can perform many mundane tasks faster and more efficiently than us. They can cook, clean and wash. Some robots can even babysit. Needless to say, they are invading our homes and offices and that is quite understandable. Take, for instance, the case of the cleaning robot ROMBA. More and more Americans are using it today it allows them to save a great deal of time which they can use to perform more rewarding tasks like studying, working or socializing.
The growing popularity of robots is generally a positive trend. Robots do not get tired or bored. They will happily perform the same task for hours on end. And unlike humans, they are less likely to make mistakes. While safety can still be an issue, the technology is developing fast and we will soon have a solution to safety concerns as well.
To conclude, the growing popularity of robots can be attributed to the fact that they allow us to save a lot of time. In my opinion, this is a positive trend that needs to be encouraged.
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Eventually All Jobs Will Be Performed by Robots
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Eventually All Jobs Will Be Done by Robots
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample About The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Working From Home
- Band 8 Essay Sample About The Advantages Of Working From Home
- IELTS Essay: Is work-life balance necessary?
- Band 9 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of working from home
- Band 9 essay sample | People are not feeling safe at home or in public places
- How to attempt the completion tasks in the reading module
- Band 9 essay sample about the advantages and disadvantages of working from home
- IELTS essay sample: Employees should not be asked to work overtime