Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | In some countries, a few people earn extremely high salaries
In some countries, a few people earn extremely high salaries. Some people think that this is good for a country, while others believe that the government should control salaries and limit the amount people can earn. Discuss both sides and express your opinion.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Use my writing correction service.
Do you have difficulty writing a discuss both sides essay? Watch our video to learn about the correct structure of this type of IELTS essays.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
In many countries there is a huge income disparity among people. This is because some people are earning astronomical salaries. At the same time, there are many more who are struggling to make both ends meet. Some people, therefore, argue that the government should cap salaries. I do not agree with this view. In my opinion, this difference in salary is good for the economy because it encourages people to work harder.
If there is a limit to what people can earn, most of them will lose the motivation to work harder. The reason that encourages people to work harder and harder is their yearning to earn higher salaries. Therefore, if the government caps the salaries, it will hurt the morale of employees. Also, having a small number of people who earn too much is not necessarily a bad thing. They act as an inspiration for the poor. These super-wealthy people can also start enterprises that create jobs and improve the living standards of the poor people.
Of course, income disparity is not a good thing. It makes the poor feel inadequate. But at the same time, it encourages many of them to work harder and earn more. As human beings, we have a natural tendency to want more. We get inspired by the affluent lifestyle of the rich and want to be like them. This human desire to improve their living standards is the factor that drives all economies. The government can certainly do something to lessen the disparity. For example, it can impose higher taxes on rich people. It can also launch welfare schemes for the poor. By offering free education and health care for people living below the poverty line, the government can put them in a position to work and earn.
To conclude, capping salaries is not the solution for income disparity. Instead, the government should empower the poor people and help them earn a good salary by offering them free education and training.
- Celebrities earn more money than other professionals. Is this justified?
- IELTS essay sample | Governments should cap IELTS essays at a certain level
- Band 9 essay about the huge salaries of sports people
- Band 9 essay about teachers not wanting to work in rural areas
- IELTS band 7 essay sample: Celebrities earn more money than other professionals
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Rich Countries Are Getting Richer And Poor Countries Are Getting Poorer
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Artists Should Receive Government Aid
- IELTS Essay Sample | Why Students Want to Study in English-Speaking Countries?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Employers Should Pay Higher Salaries To Keep Employees Motivated
- Celebrities earn more money than other professionals | Band 8 essay samples