Children Are Facing More Pressures These Days | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Children are facing more pressures nowadays from academic, social and commercial perspectives. What are the causes of these pressures and what measures should be taken to reduce these pressures?
Here is a band 9 essay sample on a topic that appeared in a recently held IELTS writing test. IELTS essay topics often repeat and therefore it is important to practice writing essays on them. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me or buy my book with proven tips and tricks to improve your grammar and writing.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Children are under tremendous pressure these days. They are required to excel in their studies as well as in extra-curricular activities. They are also required to have a brilliant career once they grow up.
Parental pressure is the number one cause of stress on children. Parents want their kids to be super achievers. They do not really care whether their child has the required talent or not. Most children now get hardly any time to play or socialize. They spend much of the day in schools and coaching centres. And afterwards they attend music, drawing and sports lessons. Many of them get barely five or six hours of sleep. Yet, both parents and teachers expect them to stay alert in the class and score excellent grades in their exams.
Children are too young to cope with any kind of pressure. Since stress and tension affect their emotional, physical and intellectual development, it is important to shield them from unwanted pressures. Parents need to realize that by expecting too much from their children they are actually setting themselves up for failure and disappointment. Instead they should have realistic goals and ambitions. Time management is equally important. The child should spend their energy on only those things that truly matter. For example, a child who has no real talent for singing should not have to attend music lessons. Likewise, children who are not very sporty should be allowed to skip sports practice. They can use the time thus saved on other activities they are interested in.
To conclude, the gap between reality and expectation is the real cause of pressure on children. Since pressure affects the normal growth and development of children, it is important to shield them from unwanted pressure. Both parents and teachers can make life less stressful for children by setting realistic goals for them.
- IELTS essay: Causes of excessive pressure on children
- IELTS essay about parents buying too many toys for their children
- Should children be working? | Band 8 essay sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Children Learn By Observing And Copying the Behaviour of Adults
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are getting into crime because of the lack of emotional support from parents and teachers
- Band 9 essay sample | Watching TV does not improve the intellectual skills of children
- IELTS essay about studies and leisure
- IELTS essay: Should children attend nursery schools prior to their primary studies?
- IELTS essay sample | Children spend too much time watching TV
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Watching Violent Content Makes Children Aggressive