Band 9 essay sample | We need to live with the climate change instead of preventing it
IELTS essay topic
Some people think that instead of preventing climate change, we need to find a way to live with it. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Climate change has started threatening our very existence on this planet. The soaring temperatures have already caused the extinction of many species. Some people feel that it is difficult or impossible to stop climate change. In their opinion, we need to find ways to live with it. I disagree with this view because climate change can be prevented to a great extent. And when it can be prevented we do not have to find ways to live with it.
The argument that instead of preventing climate change we need to explore alternative ways to live with it shows our unwillingness to change our irresponsible ways. We need to accept the fact that climate change didn’t happen on its own. It was triggered by our actions. Since the days of industrialization we have been consuming natural resources without thinking about the consequences of our actions. When we burn fossil fuels, we are producing many gases that increase global warming. The last decade saw a dramatic increase in the number of vehicles on the road. All of them emit dangerous carbon dioxide. Refrigerators and air conditioners are now found in almost all homes. They also produce greenhouse gases. Unfortunately, what we do to reduce the heat inside our homes and offices increases global warming. This is a vicious cycle and we must get out of it.
The best way to reduce climate change is to use our resources responsibly. We need to invest in alternative energy sources like solar and wind. In addition, the government should encourage people to use public transport systems. Imposing ‘green taxes’ on private vehicles and airlines could be a step in the right direction. Everyone needs to make a conscious effort to reduce their carbon footprint by consuming less energy. Both the government and the media need to create awareness about the growing threat caused by rising temperatures and changing climate.
To conclude, there are several ways to prevent climate change and hence the argument that we need to find ways to cope with it does not hold water. It merely shows our unwillingness to reduce our carbon footprint.
- IELTS essay about the depletion of natural resources
- IELTS essay about excessive consumption of natural resources
- IELTS essay: Is change a good thing?
- IELTS essay sample | Spending money on preventing illnesses is better than spending it on treating them
- Band 9 essay sample | People now live in different places during their lifetime. Is this a positive trend
- IELTS essay: The usage of private cars is increasing. What are the problems associated with this?
- IELTS essay sample: Some people believe that governments should invest in trains to solve traffic problems
- IELTS Essay: Should single adults be encouraged to study and live away from their parents
- IELTS essay: Has technology caused traditional ways of life to die
- IELTS essay about the tobacco menace