Band 9 essay sample | The rich nations should help the poor nations
Improvements in health, education and trade are essential for the development of poorer nations. However, the governments of richer nations should take more responsibility for helping the poorer nations in such areas. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
The wealth of a nation is its people. Even in this twenty-first century millions of people living in poor nations do not have access to health care facilities or education. Since their governments lack the financial means to improve their living standards, some people feel that the rich nations should help them by providing financial aid. I agree with this argument. In my opinion when rich nations help poor nations, it is a win-win situation for both.
Rich nations have excess funds. By giving financial aid to poor nations, they can improve the living standards in the third-world. Poverty is the root cause of many social evils. It is a well-known fact that poor countries are the breeding grounds of several anti-social elements. The poor, in general, are unhappy with their own lives. They are also angry with the rich. Needless to say, many of them have criminal tendencies. It is not possible to reform them without improving their living standards. By providing financial assistance to poor nations, the rich countries can alleviate poverty in those nations and make the world a more peaceful place to live in.
Giving financial assistance to poor nations makes excellent business sense too. When poor nations develop, the purchasing power of their people will increase. This provides a great opportunity for rich nations that are also the hub of manufacturing. By helping the poor grow, they can increase their wealth too.
To conclude, when rich nations give financial assistance to poor nations, they are not only being generous but also helping their own industries and people. Irrespective of our gender, nationality or religion, everyone deserves access to good food, health and education. Therefore, in my opinion, nations that have excess funds should use them for the betterment of poor nations. After all, we all belong to the family of humanity.
- IELTS essay about financial assistance to poor nations
- Band 8 essay | Should wealthy nations help poor nations?
- IELTS essay sample | The rich are getting richer
- Band 7.5 essay sample: Developed nations should give financial aid to undeveloped nations
- IELTS essay sample | Free education will help fight poverty in developing nations
- Band 9 essay sample: Should government provide free housing to the poor?
- IELTS essay sample | Differences between nations are becoming negligible
- Access | IELTS Vocabulary
- IELTS essay sample: People are living longer. Is this a positive or negative development?
- IELTS Essay: Should governments provide financial assistance to artists?