Band 9 Essay Sample | Schools Should Reward Students Who Show Progress
Some people think that schools should reward students who have the best academic results, while others believe that it is more important to reward students who show progress. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Band 9 essay sample
Most schools reward students who perform well in their examinations. Some people, however, feel that instead of giving prizes to academic toppers, schools should appreciate the hard work of students who show great progress by rewarding them. In my opinion, toppers as well as those who show progress need to be rewarded.
Rewards motivate students to work harder and achieve better results. Everybody loves to get prizes. Toppers are no different. When the school appreciates their hard work with prizes, they will be motivated to work even harder. What’s more, their performance will also inspire other students to study harder and improve their grades. If the school does not reward them, at least, some of them will lose the motivation and that may reflect in their grades.
At the same time, toppers are not the only students who need to be appreciated. Students who show great progress should also be rewarded for their hard work. Just knowing that the school appreciates their efforts will be a motivation for them and they will want to improve their performance by working harder.
Rewards are given for a reason. As human beings, we all crave appreciation. When others recognize our efforts, we will want to work even harder and achieve greater results. If schools only reward academic toppers, others may assume that prizes are not meant for them. In that case, they will give up even without making an effort to get better grades. If, on the other hand, the schools also reward students showing improvement, more and more students will want to improve their grades.
To conclude, rewards encourage all students to work harder. Therefore, in my opinion, not only the toppers, but students showing improvement also need to be rewarded.
- IELTS essay about teachers rewarding students
- Band 9 essay sample: Should students be separated on the basis of their academic performance?
- IELTS essay sample | Private schools should be banned
- IELTS essay sample | Should students attend extra classes after school
- IELTS Essay: Some believe that students who fear their teachers excel academically…
- Band 9 essay sample: Should schools remove non-academic subjects from the syllabus?
- Essay: Should disobedient students be taught separately?
- IELTS essay sample | Schools should teach students to become good citizens rather than independent thinkers
- IELTS essay: Should children attend nursery schools prior to their primary studies?
- Band 9 essay sample | Should schools give more importance to subjects like arts, music and creating writing?