Band 9 Essay Sample | People Are Losing Interest In Arts
Art is considered an essential part of all cultures throughout the world. However, these days fewer and fewer people appreciate art and turn their focus to science, technology and business.
Why do you think that is?
What could be done to encourage more people to take interest in the arts?
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Art has always played a vital role in enriching cultures all over the world. However, people are showing less and less interest in art these days. In this essay, I will analyse the reasons behind this trend and also suggest possible ways to boost people’s interest in arts.
While it is true that art enriches culture, it plays little or no role in improving our lives. For example, one does not have to admire great paintings or marvel at brilliant sculptures to live comfortably. This is not exactly the case with the contributions of science and technology. Take, for instance, the case of electricity or computers. It is impossible to imagine a life without these technological innovations. Needless to say, people are showing more interest in science than in arts. Science and business also create more jobs and sustain economies.
Another reason for the diminishing popularity of art is that it has lost the patronage of governments. During the monarchy artists enjoyed considerable attention. While governments still support art and artists no special incentive is given to produce masterpieces of art.
Art and culture co-exist. One cannot survive without the other. That explains the importance of preserving art. One way of doing this is to make art a viable career option. The government should create jobs in this sector by opening more and more art galleries and organizing exhibitions and cultural programmes. This will encourage more students to pursue art at school and colleges.
To conclude, the most effective way to nurture art is to capitalize on its economic potential. The government can do this by creating jobs in this sector.
- Band 9 essay sample | Government should stop wasting money on arts
- Band 8 Essay Sample | More And More People Are Showing An Interest in Finding Out Their Family History
- Band 9 essay sample | Should schools give more importance to subjects like arts, music and creating writing?
- IELTS Band 7 Sample Essay: Should Governments Help the Local Film Industry
- IELTS essay sample | Should governments fund artists?
- IELTS sample essay: Are artists more popular than scientists?
- Band 9 essay sample | Should schools teach traditional subjects like history?
- IELTS Essay: Should governments provide financial assistance to artists?
- Band 9 Essay Sample | More Tourists Than Local People Visit Historical Places
- IELTS essay: Should museums charge an entry fee?