Band 9 Essay Sample | Everyone Should Adopt Vegetarianism
Everyone should follow a vegetarian diet because it is not necessary to eat meat to be healthy.
Do you agree or disagree?
Band 9 essay sample
When it is perfectly possible to lead a healthy life by eating plant based foods, I see no justification for killing birds or animals for our food. Therefore, I completely agree with the argument that everyone should adopt a vegetarian diet.
There are several benefits to following a vegetarian diet. To start with, plant based foods are rich in vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and other nutrients required for good health. What’s more, most fruits and vegetables contain little or no cholesterol or calories. Research has shown that vegetarians are less likely to develop health problems like obesity, cancer or heart trouble. Health benefits are not the only reason to follow a vegetarian diet. When we obtain our food from plants, we can also stop cruelty to animals.
By contrast, non-vegetarian foods such as fish and meat are high in cholesterol, fat and calories. Regular consumption of red meat is known to increase a person’s risk of cancer and heart disease. In addition, unlike fruits or vegetables, fish and meat cannot be eaten raw. The slaughtered animal may have some illness. If half-cooked meat is eaten, it can cause deadly infections in human beings. In fact many cases of food poisoning are caused by the consumption of contaminated meat.
The quality of non-vegetarian food has also deteriorated over the years. Seafood has become contaminated due to the pollution of ocean water. It is a well-known fact that farm animals are given steroids to grow rapidly. When we eat their meat, the steroid also enters our body. This leads to several problems like precocious puberty in children.
To conclude, vegetarian foods are healthy and do not constitute cruelty to animals. Therefore, I believe that everyone should adopt vegetarianism.
- IELTS essay: Some people believe that animals should not be used for profit. Do you agree or disagree
- Band 9 essay about organic fruits and vegetables
- Band 9 essay about GM foods
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Consumption of Fast Foods
- IELTS speaking: practice questions with answers
- Band 9 essay sample about increasing tax on food items
- Band 7 essay about increasing tax on fast foods
- IELTS essay: Traditional food is being replaced by international fast food
- Band 9 essay sample | Tax on fast foods should be increased
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Health problems caused by obesity and possible solutions