Band 9 essay sample | Children should be banned from participating in sporting events
Some people believe that sport competitions are a source of emotional stress for young people. Therefore, youth should be banned from participating in sport competitions. Do you agree or disagree?
Whether it is a sports match or an academic test, competitions are very much a part of life and they cause stress in the participants. Since there is no escape from competition, everyone needs to prepare themselves to deal with the stress and strain associated with it. Therefore, I strongly disagree with the argument that children should be banned from participating in sports competitions.
We cannot achieve anything by banning children from participating in sports events. There is no denying the fact that matches cause stress and tension. This, however, does not mean that forbidding children from participating in these events will solve the problem. A sporting event is much more than a competition. It teaches children a variety of life skills. For instance, they learn to work in a team. They also learn to accept both success and defeat. Actually, several studies have shown that children participating in sporting events enjoy better mental and emotional health. They are better equipped to deal with stressful situations like failures. Such experiences will help them face more stressful situations in the future.
There is yet another benefit to participating in various sporting events. Sports improve physical fitness. When children participate in games like tennis, football or basketball, their fitness levels improve. They become agile and alert. Mental and physical fitness will improve their performance in other areas of life as well.
To conclude, there is no justification for banning children from participating in sporting events. It is true that sporting events cause some stress in the participants. However, not participating in sports is not the solution to this problem. It will only aggravate it.
Would you like to use our writing correction service? You can get an essay corrected for just US $3.
- IELTS sample essay: Should governments support professional sporting events?
- IELTS band 8 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of hosting international sporting events
- IELTS Essay: While some people like to a live sporting event, others prefer to watch it on television
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports is a waste of time
- IELTS essay topic | Countries should not spend too much money on training athletes for international events
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports on television affects the health of young people
- IELTS Essay: Sport is becoming a business. Is this a positive development?
- IELTS essay about the causes of stress
- IELTS essay sample: Advertisements targeting young children should be banned
- IELTS essay written by student: Should children be encouraged to cooperate?