Band 9 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of working from home
Modern technology, such as personal computers and the internet, has made it possible for many people to work from their home. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this situation?
Technology has changed the way we work. The advent of the internet and networking solutions has made it possible for people to work from their home instead of their offices. In my opinion, this development has more advantages than disadvantages.
Perhaps the biggest advantage is that people can work flexible hours. This arrangement is especially helpful for women who have young children. Many of them who quit their job after the birth of their children are now back in the job market. Obviously, they are looking for positions that allow them to work from their homes.
Male employees also benefit from working from home. In big cities like Mumbai or Bangalore, people spend hours commuting to work and home. If they get an opportunity to work from their home, they can save a lot of time. This will improve their work-life balance and overall sense of wellbeing. Employers also benefit from this arrangement. When employees work from their homes, the cost of running the business comes down. Working from home also saves valuable resources. Less commuting means less travel. This can result in significant fuel savings and cleaner air.
There are a few challenges as well. Employees working from home may have difficulty building a rapport with others in their team. In addition, they may find it difficult to get instant support when problems arise. However, an efficient management can easily take care of these problems.
To conclude, there are several benefits to working from home. Many employers have already realized this and started encouraging their workers to work from home. In the future, we will certainly have more organizations taking this route.
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computer games
- IELTS essay: Advantages and disadvantages of freelancing
- IELTS essay sample: Employees should not be asked to work overtime
- Band 9 Essay Samples | Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Shopping
- Band 9 IELTS essay: Advantages and disadvantages of being a celebrity
- Band 9 essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of longevity
- IELTS Essay: The number of older people is rising. What are the advantages or disadvantages of this?
- Band 8 essay sample: Stay-at-home dads
- IELTS Essay: Is work-life balance necessary?
- IELTS band 8 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of hosting international sporting events