Band 8 Sample | Causes of Obesity
In some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing.
What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them?
Band 8 essay sample
It is a fact that in some countries, the average weight of the citizens is shooting up while their fitness and health conditions are worsening. In my view this is mainly because of the food habits and modern lifestyle they follow. In this essay, I will examine these two factors and then propose a viable solution.
One of the foremost reasons for obesity is the consumption of unhealthy foods. Many people started to follow western food habits and eventually ended up eating high fat content foods like pizza and burger. Regular consumption of these fat rich foods will increase a person’s weight in a short span of time.
In addition to that, now-a-days, more and more people are living a sedentary lifestyle. They do not dedicate any time to do any kind of physical activity. As a result, they lose their resistance power. If this lifestyle continues then people will fall ill more frequently and lose their health permanently.
It is necessary that the government takes steps to open many sports complexes and fitness studios near residential communities. Most of the people who do not want to travel far to go to a sports center will be ready to use one if it is available nearby. In a study conducted by a popular newspaper 90% of the respondents said that they are willing to use the gym or any physical activity centers if they are within 3 kilometer radius.
To conclude, encouraging people to do more physical activities will not only improve their fitness and overall health but also help people to shed their weight.
- IELTS essay about obesity and its causes and solutions
- IELTS essay: Obesity can be tackled by increasing the price of junk food items
- IELTS essay about government taking measures to improve people’s health
- IELTS essay about causes of obesity
- Band 9 essay sample about increasing tax on food items
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Health problems caused by obesity and possible solutions
- IELTS essay sample | Fast foods are bad. Do you agree?
- Band 7 essay about increasing tax on fast foods
- Band 7 essay sample | Government should take measures to improve people’s health
- Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health | IELTS essay sample