Band 8 letter sample | Letter to your host
The following is a letter submitted by one of our students.
You are going to visit the UK for an English and home stay programme. Write a letter to the host family. In your letter:
- Introduce yourself
- Ask the family some questions to get essential information about UK
- Tell the family scheduled date of arrival and time
Band 8 letter sample
My name is Sancia Brown and I am a native of Germany. I have completed my graduation and want to pursue my post graduation in the UK. I am writing regarding my visit to your country next month.
I am coming to attend the English and homestay programme in London. I would like to tell you that this is my very first visit to UK. Therefore I am quite nervous. It would be a great help if you could share some important information about the country. First of all I want to know about the weather there in the month of December as I heard it is quite chilly at that time. Please tell me about the clothes that I must carry with me to bear the cold. Secondly, let me know about the accessibility of public transportation from your place because I have to commute a lot during my visit.
I am arriving on the 20th of December at 10 o’clock in the morning. Would it be possible for you to receive me at the airport? I will be staying in the UK for one month.
I look forwarding to hearing from you.
- Band 8 letter sample: A semi-formal letter
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to a friend asking for help in finding part time jobs
- IELTS sample letter: informal letter between friends
- Band 8 letter sample: A letter to the brother
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to terminate club membership
- IELTS Vocabulary – Phrasal verbs with bear
- IELTS letter sample: Invite a friend to your new home
- IELTS essay about people wearing clothes of the same kind
- Advising a friend about a holiday: letter written by student with suggested corrections
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A letter to a friend