Band 8 letter sample
You are going to another country to study. You would like to do a part-time job while you are studying, so you want to ask a friend who lives there for some help.
Write a letter to this friend. In your letter
Give details of your study plans
Explain why you want to get a part-time job
Suggest how your friend could help you find a job
Write at least 150 words.
Begin your letter as follows:
I hope everything is fine with you. Sorry, I have not been writing as often as I should. Of late, I have been quite busy with my studies. Actually, I am coming to Australia to do a 2 year MBA program starting in March 2016 and I need your help. That is the main reason I am writing this letter.
It is true that this is a great opportunity for me. However, I am also facing some financial difficulties. I have already taken out an education loan of sixty lakh rupees. It will not cover my living expenses. As you can see, it is going to be really difficult for me to survive in Australia without a part-time job. As per the collage rules, I can work for twenty hours per week.
Since you have been living in Australia for a long time, I thought you would be able to help me out. Can you forward my resume to your local friends and colleagues? They might be able to find a part-time job for me. Let me know what you think. Any help will be appreciated.
Hoping to hear from you soon
- IELTS Sample Letter
- IELTS letter sample
- IELTS letter sample: Complaint letter about problems with internet connectivity
- IELTS sample letter: informal letter between friends
- Band 7 letter sample | Letter to friend
- General writing task 1 (letter) as seen in the UK
- IELTS Band 8 Letter Sample: Letter to a friend thanking him for a favour
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A letter to a friend
- IELTS letter topic seen in Australia
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter expressing dissatisfaction with room mate