Band 8 IELTS Letter To A Teammate Who Is In Hospital
You play a team sport with some friends. Last week a member of the team had an accident and wasn’t able to play with you at the weekend. You decide to write to him in hospital, telling him about the match.
Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:
- tell him which team won
- describe the conditions on the day
- say how you felt about the match
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
I was really sad to hear about your injury. I hope you will get better soon. As you were not able to play last Saturday’s match, I thought I would write to you about the highlights.
It was a very tight match and at end of the day the Falcons won by three wickets. Our bowlers gave them a hard time but we lost it in 17th over by giving some extras and dropping a catch. Your presence was badly missed as the pitch was in the perfect condition for your bowling.
The weather conditions were warm and dry and there was not a single cloud in the sky. Overall, it was a nice sunny day and the pitch made it a batsman’s day.
The match was exciting and kept everybody on their nerves all the time but as I said earlier you were missed. I hope you will recover soon and join us for the practice sessions.
Wishing you a speedy recovery
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter About An Item Forgotten In The Office
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To Someone About A Coat They Left At Your Office
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to a friend asking for help in finding part time jobs
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to your host
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Friend Who Has Invited You To Visit Their Country
- Letter topic found in India: Letter to friend asking her to babysit your kids
- Band 8.5 Letter Sample | Write A Letter To Your Friend About Your New Job
- IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To A Company
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter | Letter To Your Manager Expressing Your Interest In Doing A Training Course
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | An English Speaking Friend Wants To Spend A Holiday In Your Region