Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | You Forgot Your Handbag On The Aeroplane
You recently returned by plane from an overseas trip. When you reached home you realised you had left your hand luggage on the plane.
Write a letter to the airline. In your letter:
– Say when and where you lost your hand luggage.
– Describe bag and its contents.
– Suggest the action you would like the airline to take.
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
Dear Sir or Madam:
I am writing to report lost property. I boarded your London to Mumbai flight FX997 on the 24th of March. Unfortunately, I left my handbag on the plane. My booking acknowledgment number is 589756879. Since the seat beside me was vacant, I kept my hand baggage there. When we reached Mumbai airport, I forgot to take my bag as I was in a hurry to reach home.
My bag is made of black leather and has the label Adidas written on it in blue colour. It has three partitions and contains several items of great value to me. There is a laptop in the inner most partition and in the middle partition there are some clothes that I bought from London for my marriage. The outermost partition is comparatively small and my driving licence is in it.
Could you please enquire at your lost property department and let me know the whereabouts of my bag? It would be appreciated if you could find my bag and return it to me as early as possible.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
- IELTS Letter Sample | A Complaint Letter to An Airline
- Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | You Lost Some Valuables During A Train Journey
- Band 9 letter sample: You forgot a coat at your friend’s place
- IELTS Sample Letter 3
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Making An Insurance Claim
- Band 8 Letter Sample | An Equipment You Use For Work Has Developed A Problem
- Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To The Manager
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Complaint Letter About A Laptop You Bought
- Band 7 Letter Sample | A Letter Asking for Support
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Laptop You Bought Has A Problem