Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Local Newspaper About Problems Affecting The Local Market
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
You normally go shopping in the area where you live. However, you think some of the facilities for shoppers could be improved. Write a letter to your local newspaper. In your letter:
- say in general what you like about shopping in your area
- say what is wrong with the facilities
- suggest how they can be improved
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear Sir or Madam:
I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with the lack of facilities in the local market of Cheranellore village. I am a resident of this village.
I would like to point out some problems we are facing there and make suggestions to improve it. Our market has a variety of items including groceries, vegetables, meat etc. Moreover, it is in the heart of our village, which is easily accessible by using any mode of transportation. However, we are dealing with a few issues while shopping. First of all, some items are overpriced and the shop owners claim that they are not easily available. Secondly, the area surrounding the market is so congested that people struggle to walk in and out.
Prices can be reduced if the produce is sourced from local farmers. Right now they are brought from other states and oftentimes the quality is not very good. Also, it will be helpful, if necessary actions are taken to expand the market area.
I will truly appreciate it if you share my feedback with the concerned authorities. In addition, I request you to publish an informative article about this matter in your newspaper.
Thank you for your time and support.
I hope to see these issues resolved at the earliest.
Renjith K Jose
- Band 9 letter sample | A letter to the editor about the local airport
- Band 8 letter sample | A complaint letter to the manager of a super market
- Band 7.5 Letter Sample | Local Council Is Closing A Community Centre
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Friend Who Has Invited You To Visit Their Country
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To An Editor
- IELTS Sample Letter: Letter to a librarian
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Problems with public transport
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To Your Supervisor Requesting Leave Of Absence
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to an online store
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | Write An Apology Letter To A Friend