Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Friend Who Has Invited You To Visit Their Country
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
A friend you met last year has invited you to visit him/her in his/her country. You have never been there before and need some information before you leave. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:
- request advise about a gift for his/her family
- ask about activities and clothing in his/her country
- find out about the food
Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
It was a pleasant surprise to receive your letter yesterday.The happiness doubled when I learnt that you’re inviting my wife and I to visit you in Norway! We have decided to pay you a visit at the end of June and stay there for two weeks.
Is there anything that you or your family would like from Australia? We are definitely getting you some Manuka honey. Let me know if there is something else that would like us to bring.
As this is our first visit to Norway, can we please get some advice regarding the outdoor activities and tourist attractions worth visiting? What are the temperatures like in June? Do we have to bring along any coats or jackets to keep ourselves warm? I am so delighted to find out that Norway is famous for their seafood, oysters and caviars in particular. Besides these, what are some other yummy local food that you would recommend?
Thank you again for your invitation and we can’t wait any longer to meet you!
- Band 8.5 letter sample | Letter to a foreign host
- IELTS Letter: Write a letter to your friend expressing your inability to meet on a particular date
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To A Friend Asking For Help In Organizing An Event
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Letter To An English Speaking Friend
- Band 8 letter sample: A semi-formal letter
- IELTS topic card: Describe a country that you would like to visit
- IELTS letter sample | Write a letter to a friend expressing your gratitude for helping you find accommodation
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | Write An Apology Letter To A Friend
- Band 8.5 Letter Sample | Write A Letter To Your Friend About Your New Job
- IELTS letter sample: Invite a friend to your new home