Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Price Is The Most Important Thing To Consider When You Buy Something
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Some people consider price as the most important thing to think about when buying a product (such as cell phone) or service (e.g. medical treatment). Do you agree or disagree?
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Price is the main consideration of some people, when it comes products or services. While I agree that it is essential to spend our money wisely, I believe that money should not always be the main element. To begin with, it is indeed essential to control our spending to avoid falling into the debt trap.
We should take into account the level of necessity, when opting for a product or service. Consider this situation. Two products serve the exact same purpose but are sold at different prices. In this case, it is important to take the price into account.Taking handbags as an example, consumers could either go for a quality handbag sold at a reasonable price or a designer’s handbag sold at a highly marked-up price. In my opinion, the latter is not necessary and should be avoided.
However, there are occasions where price tags should be ignored completely. These include health and medical related expenses. The amount of money spent should never be a priority in these circumstances, as any delay in availing the service may lead to a life-threatening situation. In the event that the required amount is more than what the patient could afford, they should still proceed by seeking help from medical insurances or loans. This is because repayment plans could always be set up once they regain their health.
In conclusion, money should not always be the most important consideration. In my opinion, purchasing decisions should be made only after evaluating the need for the product or service. If it is absolutely essential, money cannot be the deciding factor.
- IELTS essay: Obesity can be tackled by increasing the price of junk food items
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Solution For Traffic Congestion And Air Pollution
- Band 8 essay sample | Is job satisfaction important?
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Books Are Becoming Less Important As A Source Of Information
- IELTS essay sample | Are social skills becoming more important than academic skills?
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | The Most Important Things In Life Are Free
- Band 9 essay sample | The most important thing about a job is the salary
- IELTS Sample Letter 5
- Band 7 Essay Sample | People Are Buying Useless Things
- Band 8 letter sample: A leave letter