Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Price Is The Most Important Thing To Consider When Buying Something
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Some people consider price as the most important thing to think about when buying a product (such as cellphone) or service (e.g. medical treatment). Do you agree or disagree?
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some people believe that it is essential to consider the price before buying something. While I agree with the argument that people should think carefully before spending a large amount of money in order to avoid debt, in my opinion, the necessity of the purchase must play a role in the decision to buy.
It is essential that people should spend some time to analyse how much money they can spend to buy a particular item, and whether or not they can afford to buy it within the available budget. Over the last few decades, with the easy access to credit cards and bank loans, people are tempted to purchase luxurious and expensive items, which are actually not necessary, and later land themselves in trouble. For this reason, any item that is costly and is bought using credit ought to be given a serious thought. A good example of this would be the increase in the purchase of iPhones even among lower middle class people, owing to the flexible and interest free EMI options.
On the other hand, there are circumstances where the cost of an item or service becomes an irrelevant consideration. When someone’s life depends on a product or service such as medical treatment for a terminal disease, purchase of this service becomes crucial irrespective of the price. For example, bone marrow transfusion required for the treatment of a hemophilia patient costs around 50-60 lakhs, which is well beyond the budget of a middle class family. However, to save the life of their loved one, they have to pay this amount. Having said that, these situations are very rare and in most circumstances the price factor needs to be considered to control excess spending and avoid debt issues in the future.
In conclusion, people should plan thoroughly before spending large sums of money on goods and services, unless it is very important.
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Price Is The Most Important Thing To Consider When You Buy Something
- Band 8.5 report
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample About People Are Buying Unwanted Things
- Band 7 Essay Sample | People Are Buying Useless Things
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Solution For Traffic Congestion And Air Pollution
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Young People Lack The Ability To Manage Their Finances
- IELTS essay: Obesity can be tackled by increasing the price of junk food items
- Band 7 essay about increasing tax on fast foods
- IELTS essay sample | Spending money on preventing illnesses is better than spending it on treating them
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter Expressing Your Interest In Buying A Used Car