Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Prevention Is Better Than Cure
This band 8 IELTS essay sample was submitted by one of our students.
“Prevention is better than cure”. Researching and treating diseases is too costly so it would be
better to invest in preventative measures. To what extent do you agree?
Please note that all band score estimates are approximate.
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that researching illnesses and curing them can cost astronomical amounts of money. Therefore, they argue that preventing diseases is more crucial. I only partially agree with this view. While I admit that it is important to prevent diseases, in my opinion, research into the cause of diseases is our first defence against them.
A good reason to continue medical research is that it is essential to save mankind. Many new diseases have developed over the years. Without research into their behaviour it is impossible to cure them. Research is costly but it allows medical professionals to find cures and control the spread of illnesses in the future. After all, the human life is more valuable than money. Therefore, the governments must not hesitate to spend money on medical research and cures.
Another point to consider is that the medical researches and treatments benefit the economy indirectly. The medical research sector employs thousands of people. The pharmaceutical companies that produce drugs also employ lots of people and benefit the economy. For example, Switzerland’s economy is supported by the medical industry. Over 60% of its incomes and revenues come from this industry. There are also countries that count on medical tourism. Patients come from different parts of the world to these countries in order to get treated and healed. These host nations make a fortune from this type of tourism.
In conclusion, while it is true that medical research and treatments are expensive, they save lives and improve the economy. Therefore, I believe that they are vital for the existence and survival of mankind.
IELTS writing correction service
Struggling to get a good score in the IELTS writing module? Get your writing samples corrected by us. We have helped scores of students achieve the score they wanted.
- Band 9 essay sample | Government should stop wasting money on arts
- IELTS essay sample | Government should only fund scientific research
- Band 9 essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of longevity
- Band 9 essay sample | Merits and demerits of researching one’s family history
- Band 7 essay sample | Space exploration is a waste of time
- Band 8 Sample About The Advantages And Disadvantages Of English As A Global Language
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Some People Think International Tourism Is Bad for Their Country
- IELTS Model Essay | Economic Growth Has Helped To Increase Living Standards All Over The World
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Restricting Air Travel Is The Only Way To Reduce Air Pollution
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample About Air Travel And Air Pollution