Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Music Should Not Be Taught In Schools
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Music should not be taught in schools. Instead other subjects like computer and science should be taught. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some people believe that music should not be part of the school curriculum, and only other subjects such as information technology, science and math should be taught. In my opinion, music might not be a subject that can directly help individuals in their professional life, yet there are indirect benefits that make music indispensable.
Admittedly, people who claim that music should not be taught at school believe it is no longer a subject that provides individuals with skills required to generate a sustainable income. Moreover, they think that the current job market favours professions related to artificial intelligence, mobile applications, finance and economy. These occupations require knowledge in subjects such as information technology, math and science.
On the other hand, although music might not open the doors to a successful career, it has an important influence on individuals and supports them in their personal and professional life. First, music helps the mental and spiritual growth of people. It is proven that listening to or playing certain kind of music helps individuals to relax, reduce stress and focus on their work. Secondly, music makes considerable contribution to enhancing the health of human beings. Many Medical studies have proven that playing certain music instruments reduces heart rates and blood pressure. For these reasons music will always be an essential subject that humans should not ignore. It helps them to find their inner peace and supports them in doing other activities and facing challenges.
In conclusion, I believe music might not be the subject that directly helps students in their future professional career; however, music can give important contribution to human’s spiritual and mental health which makes it indispensable.
- Band 9 essay sample | Should schools give more importance to subjects like arts, music and creating writing?
- IELTS essay sample | Should English be taught at schools?
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Schools are giving too much importance to traditional subjects like history
- Band 9 essay sample | Should schools teach traditional subjects like history?
- IELTS Band 7.5 Essay Samples: Money Management Skills Should Be Taught At Schools
- Band 9 essay sample: Should subjects like mathematics and philosophy be optional at school?
- Cue card: Talk about a subject that you didn’t like learning at school
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | The Government Should Allot More Funds For The Teaching Of Science
- IELTS essay sample | Money management should be taught at school
- Band 8 essay sample | Boys and girls should be taught in separate schools