Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | More And More Students Are Going Abroad For Higher Studies
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Today, more and more students are deciding to move to a different country for higher studies. Do you think that the benefits of this outweigh the problems?
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, students are increasingly moving to a foreign country for higher education. In my opinion, advantages of this trend outweigh disadvantages.
There are a few disadvantages to moving to another country for higher education. Firstly, the students have to stay away from the comforts of their home. This can create stress and anxiety in them. They will miss the love and warmth they received from their parents. This can affect their performance in their studies. Secondly, moving to a foreign country for education is expensive. Usually students move to a developed country for higher education. Therefore, when they convert their currency to a foreign currency, they don’t have much money at their disposal.
However, the benefits of going abroad for higher education are truly remarkable. When students move to a rich country, they can enjoy the new facilities and advanced technologies which are not available in their developing native country. In addition to this, sometimes very few seats are available for certain courses in some developing countries. In this situation, too, relocating to a country where more seats are available for the same course is advantageous for the students.
Another benefit is that the students can learn a new culture. They can experience different kinds of exotic dishes, habits and practices. These experiences are often enjoyable and can make the students more tolerant of differences. Going overseas for education also helps the students to settle in a first world country with good job and this can increase their social status in their native country.
In conclusion, the upsides of foreign education are always greater than the downsides. However, students should carefully consider their options before going abroad.
- Band 7 essay sample | Advantages and disadvantages of pursuing higher education abroad
- IELTS essay: Do you think that moving abroad for better jobs is good?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | More And More Students Want To Study At International Universities
- Band 9 essay sample: Should governments fund higher education?
- Band 7 essay samples: It is better to study abroad
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | People Who Have Traveled Abroad Are More Tolerant
- Band 9 essay sample: Should students participate in international student exchange programs?
- Some students take a year off between school and university | IELTS essay sample
- IELTS Essay Sample | Why Students Want to Study in English-Speaking Countries?
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Young People Are Leaving Their Homes And Villages And Moving To Cities