Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Leaders Should Be Intelligent
This band 8 IELTS essay sample was submitted by one of our students. Please note that all band score estimates are approximate. Send us your IELTS writing samples and get a free band estimate.
Intelligence is an important quality in the leader. Do you agree or disagree?
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people argue that intelligence is a vital quality that a leader must possess. I definitely agree with the aforementioned statement because intelligence allows leaders to think rationally and also helps them to gain public acceptance.
To begin with, leaders need intelligence to think critically and rationally. It is not possible to make the right decision at the right time without intelligence. Decisions which are made by leaders could have a significant impact on our lives and so it is important for leaders to be smart enough to understand consequences of their actions. An intelligent leader can make wise decisions that will make a positive difference to the lives of their followers. For example, it was the intelligence and smartness of Winston Churchill and Franklin Roosevelt that ended the World War Two. As a result, millions of lives were saved.
There is yet another advantage to being an intelligent leader. The public always have a positive opinion of intelligent leaders. They think that such leaders are trustworthy and mature enough to lead them. By contrast, leaders who are not perceived as intelligent have less popularity. For instance, when the forty fifth president of the United States of America took office, people began questioning his eligibility because they thought he was not intelligent enough to lead them. Since people doubted his intelligence, his level of popularity also dipped. Generally speaking, the public only trusts leaders who are intelligent.
To sum up, I strongly agree with the notion that intelligence is necessary in leaders because it helps in critical thinking and improves the public perception of leaders.
- IELTS speaking test in Queensland
- IELTS essay sample | Economic growth is the measure of a nation’s development
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample About Hiring People Who Are Independent And Innovative
- IELTS essay sample | Free education will help fight poverty in developing nations
- IELTS essay about celebrities and their personal lives
- IELTS Essay: Some cultures value old age
- Band 8 essay sample | Mobile phones should be banned in public places
- IELTS sample essay: Are artists more popular than scientists?
- IELTS essay sample | Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health
- Band 7 essay sample: Decisions should be made by managers and not employees