Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Take Part In Organized Group Activities In Their Free Time
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Some people say that parents should encourage their children to take part in organised group activities in their free time. Others say that it is important for children to learn how to occupy themselves on their own. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people opine that children should spend their free time playing team sports or other group activities. Others counter / oppose this view. According to them, children should find a way to keep themselves engaged on their own. Both views will be discussed in this essay before arriving at a conclusion.
These days some parents want their kids to socialise and in their free time they have them join some group activities. Generally speaking, these kinds of activities can be some kind of dance classes, group discussions, robotic classes and sports which help them to learn important skills like coordination and cooperation. This prepares them for the future because they already know how to work with a group of people and have good team skills / spirit. Both qualities are essential for success at the workplace.
There are also parents who prefer to leave the children on their own, meaning they can do whatever they like to do. This can have both pros and cons. As for the advantages, it helps them to develop on their own and makes them more independent. Children will also learn to work independently and this skill will be beneficial in those phases of life when they have to take decisions on their own.
On the flip side, if children are left alone, they may become aloof and that is not good at all. Such children may also get into bad or anti-social activities. For example, the notorious game Blue Whale primarily targets lonely children and many kids who play this game eventually commit suicide. Also some children may lack confidence if they spend their free time all by themselves.
To conclude, in my opinion / I think, we should get our children involved in group activities which keep them busy and give them an opportunity to learn from other kids.
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Spend Their Free Time Doing Organized Group Activities
- Band 6.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Play Games That Require Teamwork
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Spend Their Free Time Doing School Work
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Have Too Much Free Time
- Band 9 essay sample: Children should spend more time outdoor playing games
- Children’s leisurely activities must be educational
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Individual Games Vs. Games That Require Team Work
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Children Do Not Respect Parents
- IELTS essay written by student: Should children be encouraged to cooperate?
- IELTS essay sample | Should parents help their children with homework?