Band 8 essay sample | Part time jobs make students stressed out
Some students work while studying. This often results in lacking time for education and constantly feeling under pressure. What do you think are the causes of this?
What solutions can you suggest?
The following is an essay submitted by one of our students.
Education, especially long term courses or studies at prestigious universities can be very costly. To still be able to study, a lot of young adults decide to find a part time job. But often their studies and quality of life suffer from the additional responsibility. Symptoms linked to stress and work overload are known medical problems amongst students.
Multiple reasons might oblige a student to work while studying. First of all, it is the simple lack of financial support from his family. It is true that really poor families will be supported by the government to be able to send their kids to university. But this is often not the case with middle class families. Yet, middle class families do not necessarily have a lot of money to finance long studies. Another reason can be the choice of place. Some universities are better than others, but might be in a more expensive city or have higher fees. Some courses are indeed very long and it can be difficult for a family to finance long studies especially when they have more than one child. Finally, finding a part time job can also be the personal choice of a young adult seeking financial independence.
As can be seen, the motivations are various. But there are solutions to help students manage the combined burden of studies and financial commitments. Scholarships are one of them. Another solution can be to offer students job possibilities in a field linked to their studies. This will not only make them earn money but also give them experiences useful for their studies and exams. In a way, a student can work and learn at the same time.
So it seems to me that the reasons to take a part time job are diverse, inevitable and often fully understandable. I think solutions – such as scholarships and intelligent and qualifying job possibilities – should be implemented by universities in order to help the students and to increase the quality of education.
- IELTS about the growing popularity of part time jobs
- IELTS practice: What happens when both parents work?
- Crime rate among teenagers is on the rise: Essays written by students with suggested corrections
- Band 8 essay sample | Students should learn various subjects
- Band 7.5 essay sample: Summer jobs
- Band 7 essay sample
- IELTS Essay: Some believe that students who fear their teachers excel academically…
- IELTS essay about teachers rewarding students
- Band 7 essay samples: It is better to study abroad
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Should schools teach young students to be a good parent?