Band 8 essay sample | Mobile phones should be banned in public places
The use of mobile phones in public places is as antisocial a smoking. Smoking is banned in certain places, so mobile phones should be banned in the same way. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Band 8 essay sample
Mobile phones have become an integral part of our lives but they become a nuisance when they are used in public places. Just like smoking is banned in public places, some people feel that mobile phones too should be banned. I agree with this view and I personally believe that this move will make our public places a lot more peaceful.
There are several detriments to mobile phone usage at public places. Firstly, mobile phones radiations can cause damage to the brain and the heart of the user. Secondly, the ringtones and the speaking on the phone make disturbances in public transport, parks and cinemas. Finally, mobile phone thefts have become a growing crime in crowded places. It is evident that because of the public use of mobile phones, many people lose their expensive handsets and also become mentally disturbed.
There are many more reasons to restrict the use of mobile phones in public places. In places like hospitals, libraries and devotional centres mobile phones cause a great deal of distraction. In schools and universities, students can send messages, videos and music on cellular phones while the teacher teaches the lessons in the classrooms. There is yet another argument for banning mobile phones from public places. Some perverts take obscene pictures or videos from beaches, playgrounds or swimming pools on their mobile phones.
In conclusion, mobile phones are certainly a great innovation, but they are also a distraction and a nuisance and therefore, in my opinion, they should be banned from public places.
- Band 9 essay sample: Should mobiles be banned in public places?
- Band 9 essay sample: All governments should ban smoking in public places
- Are mobile phones a necessity for young children?
- Band 7.5 essay about mobile phones and young children
- IELTS essay about littering in public places
- Band 9 essay sample | People are not feeling safe at home or in public places
- Band 7 essay about people not feeling safe at home or in public places
- IELTS essay sample | Private schools should be banned
- IELTS essay sample: Should uniform be banned?
- IELTS essay sample: Advertisements targeting young children should be banned