Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | The Internet Is Replacing Printed Books
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Nowadays for many people the internet is replacing regular books. What do you think will happen in the future and what is your opinion about this trend?
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
Reading behaviour has been considerably affected by the internet revolution. Many individuals have shifted their reading behaviour toward digital and e-books, instead of the traditional printed books. In my opinion, this positive phenomenon will continue to grow as more book readers will adopt the new online reading methods; meanwhile, publishers and book stores will strive to find new strategies to survive.
On the one hand, the increase in popularity of digital reading is influenced by the benefits that the internet can provide. Firstly, the internet eliminates the geographical boundaries and save considerable time. Now, readers behind their screens can choose their books, purchase and download them without waiting till the book is imported and arrive to their local book stores. Moreover, book readers have more freedom of choice, because digital books bypass the strict regulations on publications which are imposed by some governments.
Secondly, e-books are more convenient than regular books. They are cheaper, as its save cost of printing, and shipping. Furthermore, online books can be either saved on the clouds or on the hard disk, which spare the physical spaces.
On the other hand, book publishers and book stores will face considerable challenges since they continuously lose customers and market shares. They are obligate to find strategies to cope with the new trend of readers’ behaviours; otherwise, they will be out of the market. Many of large publishing companies and book stores have already transformed themselves into online book stores. However, local publishing and book stores will be disappeared, as they can not bear the cost of shifting into online stores.
To sum up, I consider, the benefit of having online books is one of the best outcomes of the internet, and in the foreseeable future more people will shift into online reading.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | The Internet Is Replacing Regular Books
- Band 9 essay sample | Printed books and magazines have lost their importance
- Band 8 Essay: Public libraries are no longer required because of the internet
- Band 8 essay sample | Libraries are no longer required
- IELTS essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- IELTS speaking practice 3rd part
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Use And Abuse Of The Internet
- Band 9 essay sample | The internet is not a reliable source of information
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Books Are Becoming Less Important As A Source Of Information
- Topic card: Talk about online shopping