Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | More And More People Are Living Alone
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
In some countries, many more people are choosing to live alone nowadays than in the past. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
These days, it seems that more people prefer to live independently than ever before in many parts of the world. Yet, there remains some disagreement as to whether the effects of living alone are positive or negative. While there are certainly valid arguments to the contrary, I personally believe that the drawbacks of living alone far outweigh its benefits. These drawbacks are twofold.
A good reason to oppose the one person household is that this way of living has an adverse impact on human psychology. For example, a recent study revealed that this lifestyle is the main cause of stress because people who live alone often have no one to share their problems with. This has a detrimental impact on their emotional health and wellbeing.
Furthermore, our lives have many occasions and events to be celebrated with loving family such as New Year, birthday and so on. A singleton misses these happy moments altogether increasing their risk of suffering from psychological problems. Worse still, they do not have anyone to take care of them when they fall ill.
Another point to consider is that as the price of commodities and apartments are skyrocketing, someone who lives alone is bound to have too much financial burden on themselves. This, in turn, forces those people to work unbelievably hard as they cannot expect any financial backing from their family or relatives in most cases.
In conclusion, I once again reaffirm my position that living alone has a negative impact on our psychological health and financial situation.
- IELTS essay sample | Advantages and disadvantages of living alone
- Band 7 essay sample | Positive and negative effects of living alone
- IELTS essay sample: People are living longer. Is this a positive or negative development?
- Band 9 essay sample: Is living alone a positive development?
- IELTS essay sample | Were older technologies more beneficial than newer technologies?
- IELTS essay sample | Fast foods are bad. Do you agree?
- IELTS essay sample: Computer technology has more of a negative impact than a positive impact on the society. Do you agree?
- IELTS Essay: Should single adults be encouraged to study and live away from their parents
- Nowadays Better Communication Technologies Are Available And Hence People Can Communicate In Numerous Ways | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | People Living In Cities Do Not Get Enough Exercise