Band 7 Essay Sample | Use And Abuse Of The Internet
The following is an essay submitted by one of our students.
Some people say that the internet provides people with a lot of valuable information. Others think access to so much information creates problems. Which view do you agree with?
Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
There is no denying the fact that the internet has become a boon which provides people access to everything around them. Some people argue that the misuse of the internet can adversely affect humans. However, I believe that access to so much information via the internet is beneficial to everyone although it can create some problems if it is used improperly.
On the one hand, we are able to find answers to simple questions as well as complex queries within a second by browsing the internet. This definitely benefits every person around the world. This technological advancement allows people to gain more information and knowledge on the happenings around the world in a fraction of a second. Moreover, access to the internet is enormously advantageous for students in completing assignments as well as to know the world better. For example, e-tuitions which enhance the academic performance of students are a product of the internet and are gaining popularity. The internet has also made online shopping, net banking, e-learning and social networking possible. These have made the life of people easier and more comfortable.
On the other hand, the misuse of the internet can adversely harm the society as well as the individual. For example, someone can learn the steps of bomb making from the internet and create a bomb and cause destruction. Moreover, many terrorist groups have sites online to attract youngsters to work against their country. Cyber crime, another byproduct of the internet, is also on the rise. Worse still, today’s children have access to the internet from an early age and often stumble upon content that is inappropriate for their age. This can affect their behaviour.
In conclusion, I believe that people have immensely benefited from the internet in many ways. Its inappropriate usage can have detrimental effects on the individual as well as the society; however, parental supervision and strict laws will take care of these problems.
- Band 8 essay sample: The internet should be controlled
- IELTS sample essay: should internet be regulated?
- Band 8 Essay: Public libraries are no longer required because of the internet
- IELTS essay: Is internet good or bad?
- IELTS essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- IELTS essay sample | Should the governments spend a lot of money on developing internet infrastructure?
- Band 8.5 essay | The advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- Band 9 essay sample | The internet is not a reliable source of information
- IELTS sample essay: Should governments provide free internet?
- IELTS letter sample: Complaint letter about problems with internet connectivity