Band 7 essay sample | Travelers should follow local customs
Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behaviour. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
The following is an essay submitted by one of our students.
Due to globalization, more and more people are now travelling to other countries for many purposes such as higher studies, business, medical treatment, immigration etc. Some people think that host culture should be followed by visitors of other countries. On the other hand, some people argue that it is imperative that cultural diversity is given importance by the host country. In my opinion, the host country should always embrace disparate cultures from all over the world rather than imposing their culture on them.
There is a wide range of advantages of following diverse culture. Firstly, when there is a cosmopolitan environment in the country, then it develops a sense of tolerance in the local people. This would be helpful to them when they visit other country. Moreover, Diversity in culture always brings novelties. People can experience new traditions and customs with wide range of differences in food, languages, clothes, rituals, etc. This can be exemplified by growth rate and development in US and European countries. They always welcome cultural differences. Furthermore, cultural diversity brings unity and a feeling of brotherhood among the people.
Although a country can be benefited by cultural diversity, local customs and traditions should be given equal importance as well. When People from other countries simultaneously follow local culture then it may helpful to them in bridging the gap of discrimination. Everybody will be given equal chance to grow and develop in the country.
To conclude, host country should always welcome diverse people with diverse culture from all over the world. It should also ensure that local culture is not eradicated.
- Band 9 essay sample | Visitors should follow local customs and traditions
- IELTS essay about foreign films and local films
- IELTS Band 7 Sample Essay: Should Governments Help the Local Film Industry
- IELTS essay: Should museums charge an entry fee?
- IELTS essay sample: Children now know less about their culture
- IELTS essay sample | Should languages be allowed to die?
- Band 9 essay sample: Should students participate in international student exchange programs?
- IELTS essay sample | Foreigners visiting cultural places should pay more
- Band 9 essay sample | Everyone now wears the same kinds of clothes and eats the same food. Is this a positive trend?
- Band 9 essay sample: Can we allow languages to die?