Band 7 essay sample | Should employees be part of decision making?
This essay was written by one of our students and may contain spelling or grammar mistakes. All band score predictions are approximate.
Some people think that managers alone should make decisions in the company, while others think that employees should be involved in the decision-making process too. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Today, in many organizations employees play an important role in decision making. Some people argue that this should be done only by the management, while others argue that employees should be a part of it. I will discuss both points of view and provide my opinion in the conclusion.
To begin with, managers have got wide experience and vast knowledge on different processes. If managers are not given importance of their role and responsibilities, then they would feel neglected. For instance, a manager knows how his/her team members can arrive at the best decision. This will be beneficial to stakeholders and employees. Likewise, many confidential documents are taken into consideration while making a decision, so employees should not be involved.
On the other hand, employees feel motivated and prefer to stay longer if they are a part of the decision making process. One of the reasons is that employees would be affected if a wrong decision is made, so if they are a part of it they can suggest some changes. For example, employees prefer a transparent environment and will have a better bond with their manager if they are allowed to make decisions. If employees are happy, the attrition rate of an organization will be low.
In conclusion, important decision making should be the responsibility of the management. However, if employees are taken into consideration, it will lead to a better work culture and more satisfied employees. Hence, in my opinion workers should be a part of the process along with their managers.
This seems to be a band 6.5 essay.
- Band 7 essay sample: Decisions should be made by managers and not employees
- IELTS essay: Are younger employees more valuable than older employees?
- Young employees are more valuable than old employees | Band 7 essay samples
- IELTS essay: Performance based pay packets encourage employees to work harder. Do you agree?
- IELTS essay: Should new employees be promoted to higher positions?
- IELTS essay sample: Employees should not be asked to work overtime
- Band 8 essay sample: Is salary more important than the quality of the workplace?
- Making comparisons using as…as