Band 7 essay sample: People spend a lot of money on celebrations. Is this justified?
People spend a lot of money on celebrations. Is this justified?
Ceremonies and celebrations are a part of our lives as we witness one every while. For many people, celebration is essential and for some it is a life style. However, such celebrations do have a cost. Since they are not indispensable, many people believe that paying for lavish celebrations and ceremonies is a waste of funds and that it ought to be stopped. I personally believe that everything should be done in moderation.
No doubt celebrations have an important impact on our lives. As competition amongst the workforce is intensifying, individuals are finding their lives to have become more stressful. Moreover, they work overtime, usually unpaid, just to stand out in a more than ever competitive job market. Thus, people would need a gateway for them to vent all this stress. More often, many stressed workers find this gateway during celebrations and parties. Perhaps it gives them a chance to remember the good things in life, such as love and companionship, away from the hectic work environment.
However, many people find spending money in celebrations to be a waste of time and money. In fact, they see such an act as an obstruction for one to do great things. In their opinion, such an enormous amount of money, which are spent on food and accessories for parties, could be spent on less trivial things such as education.
As far as I am concerned, I believe that celebrations are essential in our lives. However, everything should be done in moderation. After all, controlling expenses is important too.
To sum up, Celebrations is an important element in our lives as it relieves stress we face on a daily basis. Never the less, we must keep in mind that expenses should be controlled and that there are other important aspects of life such as career development.
- IELTS Essay: Are public celebrations a waste of money?
- IELTS sample essay: people now spend a lot of money on their wedding
- Celebrities earn more money than other professionals. Is this justified?
- Band 8 IELTS essay sample: children should be taught the importance of money
- IELTS essay: Parents should teach children about money
- Sample essay: does money bring happiness?
- Celebrities earn more money than other professionals | Band 8 essay samples
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Is capital punishment justified?
- IELTS essay: People should choose a job they love. Do you agree?
- Essay: Our grandparents think that their lives were simpler and better