Band 7 Essay Sample | Celebrities Set Bad Examples For Young People
The following is an essay submitted by one of our students.
Nowadays celebrities are more known for their glamour and wealth than for their achievement, and this sets a bad example to young people. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Write at least 250 words.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
These days famous people are often known for their glamour and abundance of money they have instead of their attainments. Some people believe that celebrities’ lifestyles can be bad models to teenagers. I partially agree with this view. I believe that this is not always true and young people should be responsible for their own behaviour.
To begin with, media sometimes give more attention to the personal lives of well known people such as politicians and film stars in order to attract the young viewers. Majority of the teenagers are not mature enough to choose what is right and wrong. They tend to just blindly follow what they see on the television or imitate their heroes. In this way, celebrities who are supposed to be the role models of the society mislead their young fans.
On the other hand, many teenagers live without being negatively influenced by the famous people. They only admire the professional side and the positive aspects of their traits. These people do not consider the celebrities’ glamour and wealth even though they are aware of these.
For that reason, this group of youngsters does not want to completely copy the celebrity life. I believe that they might be trained in that way from their childhood to filter out the right things from others. Apart from that, famous personalities are just human beings. They can be attracted to wealth and glamour world. We cannot blame them for these shortcomings. It is the responsibility of young people to choose the good and discard the bad.
To conclude, it is possible that young people set celebrities as their role models. It does not mean that they need to copy everything from them. I believe that youngsters should be able to adopt only the positive traits of their stars.
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Celebrities Mislead Young People
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Celebrities Support Charitable Causes for Their Own Benefits
- Media coverage of celebrities is affecting the development of children | IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay sample | Media is paying too much attention to famous people
- IELTS Essay: Friends have a greater influence than parents on young people
- Should media write about the private lives of celebrities | IELTS essay
- Celebrities earn more money than other professionals. Is this justified?
- IELTS essay: Do you think that admiring film and sports personalities is a good idea?
- Band 9 IELTS essay: Advantages and disadvantages of being a celebrity
- IELTS essay: Do celebrities experience more problems than the benefits they enjoy?