Band 7 essay sample about working from home
Modern technology, such as personal computers and the internet have made it possible for many people to do their work from home instead of going to an office every day. What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of this situation?
Continuous advancement in technology is changing the way we define the workplace. With the fast paced internet and numerous networking techniques, employees opt to work from home rather than commuting to the office. In my opinion there are several advantages to this approach provided that we are able to solve a few challenges.
Firstly the work from home culture brings various monetary benefits to the employer. When an employer arranges a workplace for an individual, they have to bear the facilitation cost for him. Also when employees work from their home, the company does not have to make arrangements for their transport. Owing to this, the overall cost of running an office comes down.
Secondly, work from home enables employees to save time. This time can be utilized for office work or for the family. Additionally, all the employees can start their day at the same time and can be more productive.
Lastly, working from home saves valuable resources. Less commuting means less travel and less load on transport systems. There can be significant savings in terms of the fuel. Moreover, electronic media usage will result in less paper wastage. All this can help in reducing the overall carbon footprint.
On the contrary, not working from office may hamper the team harmony. It can also hamper the individual’s efficiency as they may not get instant support. However an efficient management can easily take care of these issues.
All in all, working from home brings in myriads of benefits to the society. Employers have already started realizing these advantages and in the future, we will surely have more organizations taking this route.
This essay is written by one of our students. It may contain errors. All band score predictions are approximate.
- Band 9 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of working from home
- IELTS essay about advantages and disadvantages of home appliances
- IELTS essay sample: Employees should not be asked to work overtime
- Band 8 essay sample: Is salary more important than the quality of the workplace?
- IELTS letter sample: Invite a friend to your new home
- IELTS Essay: Is work-life balance necessary?
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Eating home-cooked food is better than eating out
- IELTS essay: Performance based pay packets encourage employees to work harder. Do you agree?
- IELTS Writing task 1 – letter
- IELTS sample essay: Modern technology has made our lives more complicated