Band 7 Essay Sample About Making Friends Online
The following is an essay submitted by one of our students.
Many people make friends through social sites and chat rooms. Others believe that it is not a good idea to make friends without meeting them face to face. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Give your own opinion and relevant examples.
Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
With the advent of information technology social networking websites have become immensely popular for making friends online. Some people consider them as an inappropriate means of making friends where as for others chat rooms and social sites are most convenient way of making new friends. In my opinion, making friends online carry unnecessary risks. So it is essential to be careful before indulging in such practices. In this easy, I shall underpin my belief with relevant examples and ideas.
To begin with, crime is rife among youngsters these days, and is the most prevailing and disturbing aspect of the society. According to a recent Cambridge survey cyber crime is the most common offense among teenagers nowadays and is increasing rapidly at an alarming rate.
Cyber criminals follow a typical pattern to trap an individual. This begins with befriending innocent people on the internet. The next step is to gain their trust and confidence. Once a victim is trapped, offenders very cleverly ask them to share their personal details so that they can misuse that data. Hackers use that personal information for the purpose of ransom or sometimes for other crimes such as sexual assault. Besides this, offenders do not disclose their true identity and post fake information about themselves on websites. As a result they manage to get off unscathed.
To conclude, I firmly believe that making friends online with total strangers is a mistake as it can compromise our safety and privacy. Care should be taken while revealing personal information online.
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Use And Abuse Of The Internet
- Band 6.5 essay samples: Online shopping has become more popular than in-store shopping
- Band 7 essay sample
- Band 9 essay sample | The internet is not a reliable source of information
- Band 9 essay sample: Social media addiction
- Band 9 Essay Samples | Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Shopping
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Young people are getting more infleuenced by their friends
- IELTS essay: Is internet good or bad?
- IELTS essay: All learning should be done online
- Band 7 essay sample | Impact of technology