Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | You Lost Some Valuables During A Train Journey
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS letter sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
You lost some valuables during a train journey. Write a letter to the station manager requesting his/her help in finding your lost items.
Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
I am writing to report lost property. My name is XYZ and I was travelling from Chennai to Madurai on the Pandian Express seat number 5A/C lower berth on the 30th of December 2017. I boarded the train at 10:00 pm from Chennai railway station.
After reaching home, I found my wallet and mobile missing from my laptop bag which I later found had a broken zip. My wallet was coffee brown in colour. It had a press lock and I had some cash, my driving license and Aadhar card in it. Also, my mobile is a gold coloured iPhone 6S secured with a number lock. I kept the bag under the seat along with my luggage when I was sleeping.
I’d be grateful if you could kindly ask your security staffs and cleaners to thoroughly check the cabin and ensure if the items are on the train or in the railway station. Perhaps, it would be a good idea if you could check the CCTV footage. I was wearing a yellow salwar kamees. I have enclosed my photo with their letter so that you can identify me easily.
I am looking forward to hearing from you. You can contact me on 0091235647 anytime.
Thank you in advance for your time and support.
- IELTS SpeakingTask card: Describe a recent journey
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | A Friend Is Visiting You But You Will Not Be There To Pick Them Up From The Airport
- Band 9 letter sample: A letter giving directions to reach your home
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Making An Insurance Claim
- Cue Card | Describe your last journey
- Band 8 Letter Sample To a Hotel Manager About Lost Documents
- Band 8 Letter Sample | A Complaint Letter
- IELTS speaking | Talk about a childhood experience
- Band 8.5 letter sample | Letter to a foreign host
- IELTS essay sample: Some people believe that governments should invest in trains to solve traffic problems