Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | There Has Been A Dramatic Growth In The Number Of People Studying At Universities
There has been a dramatic growth in the number of people studying at universities in the last few decades. While some people see this as a positive trend which raises the general level of education within the community, others fear that it is lowering the quality of education. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the increase in student numbers at university?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Education has always been a vital part of our society. In recent years, there has been a sharp rise in the number of students studying in colleges. While some people argue that it is a positive trend because it raises the educational standard of the general populace, others, however, opine that this could reduce the quality of education.
The most important benefit of the increase in the number of college graduates is that it provides a highly skilled workforce for the industries. These graduates learn crucial job skills at university and once they graduate they are immediately ready to join the industry. For instance, in IIM College New Delhi, many multi-national-companies visit every year for campus selection and according to college data, 80 to 90 percent of students are placed every year. Furthermore, once university graduates become part of the earning workforce they start contributing to the country’s growth by paying taxes to the government. This fund can later be used for public welfare.
However, there are a few drawbacks that this development can cause. Firstly, if governments or industries do not create enough job opportunities then there could be an issue of unemployment and people may start looking for other options like migration to rich countries for work. To illustrate further, India is facing a huge crisis of migration as many high-level professionals migrate to developed countries because they do not find suitable jobs in their country. Moreover, some universities are not regulated by the government and they provide fake degrees to the youngsters without making them sit for the exam. When these youngsters enter the industry they can create chaos because of their fake certificate and insufficient knowledge.
To conclude, university graduates, help a country to grow because they become part of the effective workforce and also because they contribute to the country’s GDP. On the contrary, a higher number of college graduates can also result in unemployment and ineffective workforce.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- There Has Been A Dramatic Growth In The Number Of People Studying At Universities | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- University Students Are Increasingly Studying Abroad As Part Of Their Studies | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Why Do You Think People Attend College Or University? | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Developing Countries Are Currently Expanding Their Tourist Industries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | There Is A Sharp Increase In The Number Of People Studying At University
- Some People Think That Getting A Degree From University Is The Best Way To Guarantee A Good Job | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Universities Should Only Teach Science And Technology
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Young People Should Have University Education
- University Students Are Increasingly Studying Abroad | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people think that all university students should study whatever they like