Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | The Internet Is Replacing Regular Books
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Nowadays for many people the internet is replacing regular books. What do you think will happen in the future and what is your opinion about this trend?
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
In recent years, the usage of internet on the electronic gadgets has become quite popular among readers. Some people believe that the increasing use of the internet has made regular books redundant. However, others insist that the conventional method of reading paper books is the optimum way of learning and cannot be replaced by the internet or other sources. In my point of view, we will see more digitalization of the print media in the near future and the majority of the population will switch to electronic books and content.
First of all, the growing usage of mobiles and laptops among the youngsters has changed the way of reading and studying. A plethora of books and magazines are available on the internet free of cost. As a result of this, many universities and schools now have decided to allow students to use the internet in the classrooms and libraries. Besides that, eBooks are environment friendly as they eliminate the need to cut down trees for the production of paper books. Moreover, eBooks are easy to share as no parcels are required to deliver them from one place to another.
On the other hand, the traditional method of reading has its own benefits.Though books are heavy to carry and require a lot of care, readers can easily make notes and highlight keywords. Internet users are not able to do this. In addition to that, kids and school students learn faster by reading books rather than e-books. Books don’t need electricity and other required electric set ups to start reading. A recent report published in the UK elaborate that the people who read books possess better memory than those who use the internet.
To conclude, popularity of the internet reading has significantly increased among the readers. This changing trend has been accepted mostly by youngsters, while there are still many readers who believe in the conventional method of reading books. In my opinion, it is absolutely necessary to go with the flow as digital versions of books are the future as they are reliable, cost efficient and environment friendly.
- Band 9 essay sample | Printed books and magazines have lost their importance
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Books Are Becoming Less Important As A Source Of Information
- Band 8 Essay: Public libraries are no longer required because of the internet
- IELTS essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- Band 8 essay sample | Libraries are no longer required
- IELTS sample essay: Should governments provide free internet?
- IELTS essay: Is internet good or bad?
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Use And Abuse Of The Internet
- Band 8.5 essay | The advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- IELTS essay sample | Should the governments spend a lot of money on developing internet infrastructure?