Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Nowadays celebrities are more known for their glamour and wealth than for their achievement, and this sets a bad example to young people
Nowadays celebrities are more known for their glamour and wealth than for their achievement, and this sets a bad example to young people. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
With the advancements in information technology, there has been a paradigm shift in the way celebrities are seen/viewed. These days being a celebrity is more about glamour and wealth than about achievements. I fully agree with the argument that this sets a bad example for the adolescents. This position will be proven by analysing how celebrities have corrupted young minds.
To begin with, often times celebrities go to great extremes to gain popularity even if this path leads to dangers. Recently, a news story posted by a Russian Instagram model went viral because she held the photo shoot on top of some of the tallest buildings in Dubai. In these death defying pictures, the model was seen on the edge of the rooftops of these buildings. In an attempt to emulate this, a young Chinese girl fell to her death. Obviously, celebrities can have a really negative impact on young people.
In addition to this, many celebrities promote materialistic values that can lead youngsters astray. For example, many reality TV shows such as ‘Keeping up with the Kardashian’s try to give the impression that their way of life is what youngsters should aspire for. Such shows inspire many young girls to get obsessed with material possessions and put the relationships and family values on the back burner.Thus it is evident that the extravagant lifestyle of celebrities sets a negative example for young people.
In conclusion, after analysing the dangers of religiously following celebrities and the impact they can have on adolescents, I fully believe that these days celebrities are not the role models to look up to. It is hoped that parents and teachers can spread more awareness among youngsters.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Celebrities Are More Famous For Their Money And Glamour
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Celebrities Set Bad Examples For Young People
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Celebrities Mislead Young People
- Media coverage of celebrities is affecting the development of children | IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports on television affects the health of young people
- IELTS essay: Do celebrities experience more problems than the benefits they enjoy?
- Celebrities earn more money than other professionals. Is this justified?
- IELTS essay about celebrities and their personal lives
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Celebrities Support Charitable Causes for Their Own Benefits
- Are mobile phones a necessity for young children?