Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Many people believe that social networking sites such as Facebook have had a negative impact on both individuals and society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Many people believe that social networking sites such as Facebook have had a negative impact on both individuals and society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
It is often argued that social networking sites especially Facebook are influencing people as well as societies in a negative way. I completely disagree with this statement because it social networks help people to solve many socio-economical problems.
There are many reasons I believe that social media plays an important role in an individuals’ life. Firstly, it makes human relationships stronger. To be clear, social networking sites bring people from different parts of the world together. These sites have even helped many people to find their lost families. In addition, social networking sites allow people who have common interests to form groups.
For example, Facebook has several community groups created by people with extra ordinary skills in art, music, dance or cookery. Those who are interested in these activities can join these groups and learn new skills. Moreover, it gives relaxation to those who do not have time to meet or communicate with anyone outside.
Another important advantage of social networking sites is they help people to act against social issues. To explain it further, users often upload photos of missing persons and other social problems. For instance, recently, photos of missing kids were posted on the Facebook by their family member. Due to the large influx of likes and shares, the picture became quite famous and authorities had to take quick measures to resolve the case. As a result the culprit was captured and penalised under law.
In conclusion, social networking sites have some drawbacks but if they are used properly they have more merits than demerits.
- Band 8 Sample | Social Networking Sites Have a Negative Effect On Society
- IELTS essay sample: Computer technology has more of a negative impact than a positive impact on the society. Do you agree?
- IELTS model essay: Are social skills more important than academic skills?
- IELTS Essay: Technological innovations have affected our lives. Do you agree or disagree?
- IELTS Essay: There is an increase in violence in society because police officers carry guns. Do you agree or disagree
- IELTS essay sample: Television is good for us. Do you agree or disagree?
- How to address ‘do you agree or disagree’ type essays
- Some people believe that giving a weekly allowance will help children to develop good spending habits. Do you agree or disagree?
- IELTS essay: Some people believe that animals should not be used for profit. Do you agree or disagree
- IELTS essay sample | Are social skills becoming more important than academic skills?