Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | It Is Useless To Learn Another Foreign Language Before English
This band 7.5 IELTS essay sample was submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
It is very clear now that English should be the primary foreign language taught in all schools around the world. Learning a different foreign language before English, in today’s world is a waste of time. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
English is a universal language. Though there are many widely spoken languages such as Mandarin, Hindi and Spanish, no language ever comes close to the English language. Therefore, I do agree that learning another foreign language before English is indeed a waste of precious time.
The English language is being used as the main medium of communication in most parts of the world. As an illustration, most of the websites and content on the Internet are mainly in English. In the same way, when travelling abroad to study, work or for leisure, English is the preferred language. Business transactions take place in English. For this reason, it is important to realize that English is the fastest growing and most influential medium of communication worldwide.
It is true that other foreign languages such as German, Japanese or Spanish are also offered in schools. Even so, none of these languages has the same impact as English on the world. For instance, an individual who is highly proficient in English has higher and better chances of landing a skilled job almost anywhere than someone who is lacking in this aspect. In fact, English opens up more opportunities than any other language. Though there are more Mandarin speakers than English speakers, many of them are still choosing to pick up English. For this reason, indeed, it is a language that is sure to open doors to opportunities.
To conclude, for a non-native speaker, learning English is more beneficial than learning any other language. There is no harm in learning another foreign language but if a person learns only one foreign language, then it makes more sense for them to choose English.
- Band 9 essay sample: Is learning another foreign language before English a waste of time?
- IELTS essay about the reasons for learning a foreign language
- Band 7.5 essay sample about the reasons for learning a foreign language
- IELTS essay sample | Should English be taught at schools?
- Band 8 Essay Sample | The Best Way to Learn English Is to Live in an English Speaking Country
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Should Everyone Learn English?
- Band 9 essay sample: Can we allow languages to die?
- Band 7 essay sample | Learning a foreign language at primary school is beneficial
- Band 8 essay sample | Advantages of English as a global language
- Band 8 Sample About The Advantages And Disadvantages Of English As A Global Language