Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Group Activities Vs Individual Activities For Children
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Some people say that parents should encourage their children to take part in organised group activities in their free time. Others say that it is important for children to learn how to occupy themselves on their own. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Many people believe that young children should be encouraged and motivated to participate more in various group activities during their leisure time, while others feel that children should be left on their own in order for them to understand how to spend their free time. In my opinion, children should be encouraged to do group activities.
It is often believed that true team sprit can be achieved through group activities only. Children participating in these activities tend to be more sharing and caring. They learn to value others’ feelings right from their childhood and also learn how to interact with different types of people. Working and playing in a team inculcates many good habits in them, which are beneficial for them in their future.
Conversely, children growing up on their own, without any pressure from the parents get the freedom to think and attain a sense of individuality, which further helps them in the development of their personality. It’s generally seen that kids brought up in this kind of environment become more creative and independent.
To conclude, in my opinion, up to a certain stage in the childhood, children should be motivated to do group activities to learn values like team spirit and cooperation, but after some time, kids should be left on their own, in order for them to understand who they truly are and what their expectations and desires are. Furthermore, parents should always keep a proper check on their children and see whether they are following the right path.
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Take Part In Organized Group Activities In Their Free Time
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Spend Their Free Time Doing Organized Group Activities
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Individual Games Vs. Games That Require Team Work
- IELTS essay: Parents should teach children about money
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Children Learn By Observing And Copying the Behaviour of Adults
- Children’s leisurely activities must be educational
- IELTS essay about parents buying too many toys for their children
- Band 6.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Play Games That Require Teamwork
- IELTS essay sample: Advertisements targeting young children should be banned
- IELTS essay written by student: Should children be encouraged to cooperate?