Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Celebrities Are More Famous For Their Money And Glamour
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Nowadays celebrities are more famous for their glamour and wealth than for their achievements, and this sets a bad example to young people. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Some people think that many renowned personalities are popular because of their riches and extravagant lifestyle, rather than their achievements, and this influences the youth in a negative way. I agree with this view to a certain extent.
Young adults are very ambitious and they look up to the famous people for inspiration and setting their own life goals. Popularity is a natural attraction for everyone. But looking up to celebrities, who are known only because of their wealth and posh lifestyle, is not a good thing. Glamour and money are ephemeral. Youngsters should be taught that money and glamour can come and go whereas the rewards that come with hard work and struggle stay for life. Celebrities should be famous for the hardships they faced for their achievements. Their journey to fame along with all the trials and tribulations should be highlighted and put in front of the young. Youngsters should be made aware of the fact that to achieve fame and make a name for themselves, these celebrated people faced a lot of tough times. For example, Steven Hawkins, the world famous physicist, lived almost whole of his life in a wheelchair, but his contribution to science can never be forgotten. Just money and glamour do not make a person famous.
Focusing just on the money and the glorious lifestyle surely sets a bad example to the youth and sets their expectations wrong. The young get inspired to be like these popular people and do not pay much attention to how to be like them. They ignore the struggle that is necessary to get to this status. This way they do not realise that the rewards have to be earned. Naturally, many of these youngsters end up not acquiring these riches for themselves, which leads to a feeling of frustration and depression amongst them.
To conclude, I am of the view that people should be popular for their struggle and success rather than their money and glorious lifestyle, as it inspires the youth and sets their expectations right. It makes them realize the importance of the hard work, which is required to gain the prize of fame.
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Celebrities Set Bad Examples For Young People
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Celebrities Mislead Young People
- Celebrities earn more money than other professionals. Is this justified?
- IELTS essay about celebrities and their personal lives
- Media coverage of celebrities is affecting the development of children | IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay: Do celebrities experience more problems than the benefits they enjoy?
- IELTS essay sample | Media is paying too much attention to famous people
- Band 9 IELTS essay: Advantages and disadvantages of being a celebrity
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Being a celebrity such as a famous film star or sports personality brings problems as well as benefits.
- Should media write about the private lives of celebrities | IELTS essay