Band 7.5 essay sample | Schools are giving too much importance to traditional subjects like history
The following is an essay submitted by one of our readers. It may contain several mistakes. It is merely provided as a band 7.5 essay sample. Keep in mind that all band score estimates are approximate.
Schools are spending more time teaching traditional subjects such as history. Some people think they should rather spend more time in teaching skills that can help students find a job. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Band 7.5 essay sample
It’s a well known fact that educational institutions such as schools lay equal importance in teaching subjects like history , which may not have any effect on students’ future professional career. Though some people think that schools should concentrate more on teaching subjects like science , math etc.,I completely disagree with them . In this essay, I will support my opinion with relevant examples.
First, it’s undeniably true that schools play a critical role in all-round development of students. In my view, subjects like history will not only impart knowledge about different cultures but also will introduce them to several ancient civilizations. This knowledge, will help them embrace different cultures, and appreciate ancient civilizations. Learning about history , people and cultures of different countries may motivate them to explore these diverse cultures during later part of their lives . For instance, my friend who recently visited India, always had a strong liking towards Indian history and culture right from his school days which in turn persuaded him to visit and explore India.
Second, subjects like history have multiple facets to them, they teach history of leadership, history on ground breaking research, history about highly successful people etc. All these are critical to motivate students to be successful in future. Furthermore, In my view its essential to have a knowledge of the past to be successful in future, and subjects like history make that possible.It is important to note that Science and Math help to hone skill sets that are entirely different from the skill sets that you gain though reading history. To me, a well –rounded individual should possess all these skill sets.
In conclusion,based on the fact that learning about cultures, civilizations etc., is equally important for students. I firmly believe that schools should spend equal and attention towards teaching subjects like history .
- Band 9 essay sample | Should schools give more importance to subjects like arts, music and creating writing?
- Band 9 essay sample | Local history is more important than foreign history
- Band 9 essay sample: Should schools remove non-academic subjects from the syllabus?
- IELTS Essay: Schools don’t give enough importance to health education
- Band 8 essay sample | Boys and girls should be taught in separate schools
- Band 9 essay sample | Merits and demerits of researching one’s family history
- IELTS Essay: Are schools providing specialized training better than those providing general education?
- Band 8 essay sample | Students should learn various subjects
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Should schools teach young students to be a good parent?
- IELTS Band 7.5 Essay Samples: Money Management Skills Should Be Taught At Schools