Band 7.5 essay sample | Public libraries are no longer required
Students today can easily access information online. So libraries are no longer necessary. Do you agree or disagree?
Students are currently able to acquire information on the internet in a much faster way than in the past. While I accept that online resources of information have advantages over traditional libraries, I would argue that there is still a great need for libraries in today’s world.
It is true that accessing information online has several clear benefits. The first one is that online sources can store a lot more information than any physical library. This allows researchers to easily get information without travelling to a local library. Furthermore, students can look for information on the internet whenever they want, while most libraries can only be visited during certain hours of the day. As a result, finding information online is easier for people who are busy with their work during daytime.
However, I believe that physical libraries still have special features that online sources can never have. The first one, of course, is the ambience. Libraries usually provide a quiet space for reading or learning. This will greatly benefit students who are learning or researching since they are less likely to be distracted by people or things around them. For example, many university students claim that they can only concentrate when they are in a quiet study area in their university library. Secondly, since everyone can easily write and post information on the internet, these online sources are not always reliable for research. Therefore, we need libraries whose staff members have the responsibility to select and provide readers with the most credible materials.
In conclusion, while I agree that there are several benefits to getting information on the internet, I disagree with the idea that traditional libraries are no longer important.
- Band 8 Essay: Public libraries are no longer required because of the internet
- Band 8 essay sample | Libraries are no longer required
- Band 9 essay sample: Should mobiles be banned in public places?
- IELTS essay: All learning should be done online
- Band 9 essay sample: Online learning is better than classroom learning. Do you agree?
- Band 9 essay sample | Printed books and magazines have lost their importance
- IELTS Sample Letter: Letter to a librarian
- IELTS essay: Is television a better source of information than traveling?
- Topic card: Describe a library that you visit
- Band 6.5 essay samples: Online shopping has become more popular than in-store shopping