Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Children Learn By Observing And Copying the Behaviour of Adults
The following is an essay submitted by one of our students.
It is often said that children learn best by observing the behaviour of adults and copying it.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Band 7.5 essay sample
Children’s mind is impressionable. They pick up things very quickly, be it learning a new language, singing, dancing or a new habit. In my opinion, children observe their parents and elders and subconsciously copy their habits. In this essay, I will substantiate my view.
Children often find it difficult to follow what they have been instructed to do. Parents tell kids what should be done or should not be done. It is for their benefits, but they don’t quite get it. On the other hand they copy their elder brother or sister instinctively. For example, in childhood days, my younger brother always used to copy me. If I used to play video game, he also wanted to do the same. If I read comics, he also demanded the same. It is evident that children are keen observers and they tend to pick up things faster by copying than by following instructions.
They also learn bad habits from elders. When they are young, they do not know what is good or bad. Once they grow up, then they realize these. For example, children see their cousins and siblings insisting for toys and then getting it from parents. They start believing that it is good to be adamant to get what you want. They are unable to understand how parents have to sacrifice other things to fulfill their wish. I believe it is the responsibility of parents to explain such things to children. It will ensure that children develop only good habits.
On the contrary, some people believe that every child has a unique talent. According to them children learns as per their interest and abilities and not by surroundings. However, I believe that a child is like clay and get moulded by their surroundings. right environment is much more important to harness its talent.
To sum up, children follow what they see rather than what they are told to do. It is the responsibility of parents and elders to lead them in the right direction by setting examples. Rather than by rule book, it is better to lead them by example.
- Band 7 essay sample | Punishment is necessary to help children learn the difference between right and wrong
- IELTS Essay: Should single adults be encouraged to study and live away from their parents
- IELTS essay sample | Should parents help their children with homework?
- Band 8 essay sample | School is the place to learn social values
- IELTS essay: Parents should teach children about money
- IELTS Essay: What effects do traveling parents have on their children?
- IELTS essay sample | It is better to raise children in cities than in the countryside
- IELTS essay about unhealthy eating habits in children
- IELTS essay: Should children attend nursery schools prior to their primary studies?
- Band 8 essay sample | When both parents work how are children affected?