Band 7.5 Essay Sample About The Extinction of Wildlife Species Due To Human Activity
Influence of human beings on the world’s ecosystem is leading to the extinction of species and loss of bio-diversity. What are the primary causes of loss of bio-diversity?
What solutions can you suggest?
Write at least 25o words
Band 7.5 essay sample
Each year numerous species of plants and animals are lost due to human activities. Deforestation and water pollution are the primary causes of the loss of biodiversity worldwide, and the most viable solutions to tackle this problem are to create protected areas on land and introduce strict regulations against water pollution.
The destruction of forests brings about different environmental problems, including the extinction of a variety of wildlife. Cutting down trees causes a lot of species to lose their habitats and condemns them to a certain death. For example, the ongoing deforestation of the Amazon rain forest has drastically reduced the great variety of animal and plant life it once had.
Another major issue with similar implications is water pollution caused by humans. Untreated industrial refuse is constantly dumped into water bodies, posing a great threat to marine ecosystems. In fact, toxic substances destroy the homes of millions of aquatic creatures, forcing them to seek refuge elsewhere. This is the case of sea turtles, which are now considered to be an endangered species.
Therefore, it is crucial that we effectively address these issues. Creating protected areas for animals who face extinction is one possible solution to protect forest biodiversity. In natural parks and reserves they will be nourished and protected from harmful activities.
As per marine pollution, governments could introduce laws and fines for industries that illegally dispose of their waste in the sea. Financial penalties will deter such harmful actions and indirectly help keep the environment of sea life clean and unspoiled. The Great Barrier Reef, for instance, is home to a wide range of creatures and is protected by strict laws and regulations.
To sum up, in order to preserve biodiversity of the forests and oceans, humans should protect natural habitats and abstain from wrongful actions.
- IELTS essay sample: Some scientists believe that only certain species of wildlife should be protected
- IELTS essay about excessive consumption of natural resources
- IELTS essay about the depletion of natural resources
- Band 8 essay about the growing demand for fresh water resources
- More IELTS essay topics
- Band 9 essay sample | We need to live with the climate change instead of preventing it
- IELTS essay sample | Should languages be allowed to die?
- IELTS Essay: Technological innovations have affected our lives. Do you agree or disagree?
- IELTS essay: Some people believe that animals should not be used for profit. Do you agree or disagree
- IELTS essay: Restoration of old buildings is expensive