Art Should Be Obligatory In Schools | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Studying art in school also improves students’ performance in other subjects, because it is easier for multi-skilled students to learn new things. That’s why art should be obligatory in schools. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some people believe that studying arts should be made compulsory in schools because it would improve the overall performance of the students and being multi-skilled, they can easily learn new things. However, I do not agree with this view and I will defend my stand in the following paragraphs.
One of the most important aspects of art subjects is that they could improve the social skills of the pupils. This is because the disciplines like music and theatre would help them to overcome their hesitation and boost their confidence to face people / face an audience. For example, when a child sings a song in front of a huge audience, use they when the sex is unknown or insignificant become more confident than before. However / by contrast it would be overwhelming to even stand on the stage for those who have never been in such a situation. Besides this, disciplines such as drawing and painting would enhance their imagination and creativity.
Nevertheless, arts should not be obligatory in academia as compulsion would lead to pressure and thus affect the students’ performance. For instance, technical studies require a lot of concentration and hard work, and if those students are forced to attend music or dance classes, this would overburden them and reduce their concentration in the core studies. Hence, arts could be made optional, so that those who are interested would take it by their own wish and reap its benefits. This would not only reduce their stress but also prepare them for the promising future.
In conclusion, although art studies would enhance social skills and enhance creative thinking in pupils, I believe that it should not be made a compulsory part of their curriculum as forcing is naturally averse to humans, and it would do more harm than good.
- Some People Think That Schools Should Involve Students In School Management | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Nowadays Travel Abroad For Their University Education | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay sample | Schools should not waste time teaching subjects like drawing
- Band 7 essay sample | Schools should make drawing and painting compulsory
- In Some Schools And Universities, Girls Tend To Choose Arts Subjects And Boys Tend To Choose Science Subjects | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Children Should Take Part Time Job In Their Free Time Or They Should Totally Focus On Their Studies | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Should schools teach traditional subjects like history?
- Schools Should Take Health Education More Seriously | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Say Music, Art And Drama Are As Important As Other School Subjects | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Schools Should Spend More Time Teaching Skills That Can Help Students Get A Job | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample