Although You Have Never Formally Studied Computing, You Have Always Been Interested In Computers | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
Although you have never formally studied computing, you have always been interested in computers. You have just read about a computer course that really interests you, but it is only for people who have completed an elementary course. Write a letter to the college enrolment officer. In your letter:
- explain why you are writing
- describe your circumstances
- ask if a special exception can be made for you so you can enrol in the course
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear Sir or Madam
I am writing this letter to express my interest in enrolling in the computer course offered by your institute. My name is Rajeev and I have completed B.com in Finance and Accounting from Andhra University. I saw your advertisement in today’s newspaper and I am interested in your course.
I have always wanted to acquire computer skills, but never got a chance to do so as I am from a rural area and we have very limited resources. My poor financial status also prevented me from pursuing B.Sc in Computer Science at university. Hence, I am really eager to join your course but I do not meet the eligibility criterion as I have not completed an elementary course in computers. Would it be possible for you to make an exception for me so that I can also enrol in the course? I have basic computer shills which I gained at university and I am confident that I will be able to complete the course successfully.
Thank you for your consideration.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- You Are Interested In Enrolling In A Cooking Class At A Local College | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Letter To A Friend Who Is Interested In Learning To Drive
- IELTS Writing task 1 in Dubai – letter
- You Have A Friend Who Is About To Enter University | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- A Friend Of Yours Is Thinking About Applying For The Course You Did At University | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Forgot Your Bag In The Gym And The Gym Management Announced That It Will Be Closed For A Week | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Will computers replace teachers in the classroom?
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to a friend asking for help in finding part time jobs
- IELTS essay: Should computers be banned from the classroom?
- Is dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspicious of their benefits?