Although More People Read News On The Internet, Newspapers Will Remain The Most Important Source Of News | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Although more and more people read news on the internet, newspapers will remain the most important source of news. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
In recent years, digitization has become an integral part of our life, and it has impacted almost every aspect of our life including our reading habits. While an increasing number of people prefer to read online news, it has been argued that newspapers will remain the main source of news and information. I do not agree with this view. In my opinion, reading newspapers is a force of habit and in future people will move to digital news.
There are many benefits to reading news on the internet. The most important benefit of online news is that it is up-to-date and convenient to read. Traditional newspapers get updated only once a day but their online versions are updated almost every hour. Also finding information online is easy because one can easily search any topic by entering the keywords and read instant updates. Secondly, reading digital news is easy and enjoyable because one does not have to turn pages like in a newspaper to find information.
In addition to this, digitized news can be accessed for free or at a minimal cost, whereas physical newspapers are costlier than their digital versions. For instance, the monthly subscription fee of most newspapers is more than Rs. 200, which makes them at least 85-90% costlier than e-newspapers. Last but not least, people around the globe understood the impact newspapers have on the environment, whereas digital news does not require any paper or ink to publish. Hence, it is considered as eco-friendly.
In conclusion, people are fond of reading traditional newspapers. However, considering the advantages of digital news, I firmly believe that people will leave their habit, and switch to digital news, which will become the primary source of information in the near future.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- In many countries, very few young people read newspapers or follow the news on TV | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Few Young People Read Newspapers
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Young People No Longer Read Newspapers Or Watch Television
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | News stories on TV and in newspapers are very often accompanied by pictures
- IELTS essay about the influence of newspapers on the society
- Band 9 essay sample | The internet is not a reliable source of information
- News Stories Are Often Accompanied By Pictures | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Books Are Becoming Less Important As A Source Of Information
- Nowadays News Companies Spend A Lot Of Money Covering International News | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 Essay Sample | News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspapers.